Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tipsy Tuesday: 2009 Wedding Pledge

Earlier this year BrideTide put out a call to wedding professionals who blog and asked them to highlight an unsung hero in the wedding industry or has ties to the wedding industry. They asked us to take a wedding pledge and to write a simple blog to be posted on April 21st abut someone in the wedding industry that we admire. These individuals should inspire us by doing what they love but also by what they do to impact their community either locally, nationally or internationally.

Therefore, today, April 21, 2009 my wedding pledge is to honor DeAnna Cochran Jewelry.

DeAnna Cochran inspires me to be the best that I can be. The story of how she began her company is compelling, how she does business is inspiring, and what she does to give back to the community is truly uplifting. She makes me look at how my business can sustain my life and make an impact in the community I belong to or organizations I believe in. I love her work, her passion, and her dedication and her art pieces are definitely "Jewelry for a Cause!"

I know DeAnna is not a wedding industry professional per se, but her jewelry has provided pleasure to brides, grooms, and vendors. Select pieces from her line is definitely wedding focused. I have highlighted her work several times in my blog, not only because she is a personal friend and past bride, but also because I love her work and know that my clients and readers will think her pieces would be a great addition to their wedding.

If you are looking for wedding inspiration or gifts that are truly given with heart, you can choose pieces such as the Leave It To Love Brooch that becomes an heirloom boutonniere for the groom. The Noah's Heart Cuff can become a special gift to the bridesmaids and the Jackson's Leaf Cufflinks is the perfect thank-you to the groomsmen. Additionally, you can purchase the Anthony's Wish Ring as a memento to your beach wedding. Plus the great thing about buying pieces from DeAnna Cochran Jewelry is that with every purchase a percentage of what you pay will be given back to such organization as MEND, Koinonia Family Services, MD Anderson Cancer Center of the University of Texas, and Room to Dream Foundation. DeAnna Cochran Jewelry will also consider making special pieces for your wedding party and you can designate where the percentage of the sales goes.

Therefore, for my 2009 Wedding Pledge I applaud and thank DeAnna for giving back to so many and for designing Jewelry with Heart and for a Cause!

-Percy

Photos from DeAnna Cochran Jewelry; 2009 Wedding Pledge Logo from BrideTide

No comments:

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails