Monday, January 12, 2009

Inspiration Mondays: The 1980's

It's a new year and 2009 has so much to offer. But for some reason I am starting my first blog of the year, inspired by the 1980s. I am not sure if it's because I am turning 40 this year or because the 1980s brings back so much happy memories for me. I am even groovin' to 80s music as I write this blog.

At any rate I am inspired by "Like A Virgin" Madonna, Dynasty, New Wave Music, and the excess that the 80s offered. But I also appreciate the creativity of the 80s and the boldness that people had. People weren't afraid to step away from the norm.

So my old school inspiration includes pillared cakes or satellite cakes, classic stretch limos, lace, taffeta, bold design, cascading bouquets, gold gold gold, and of course the music of the era.

My inspirations:

Wedding Gown: Badgley Mischka
Bouquet: KS Flowers, Japan
Bridesmaids Gown: Michael De Paulo
China: The Tent Merchant
Cake: Cake Divas
Limo: Zeus Limos

I hope this helps you in designing your own 1980s inspired wedding. One thing to remember is that in the 1980s...you can do anything and everything was possible. So don't limit yourself. Watch some episodes of Dynasty, or put on some Duran Duran, or Bananarama to inspire you.

-Percy

Photos from above mentioned sites

No comments:

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails