Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sounds of the Season

It's that time of the year where music becomes all encompassing. I love music and constantly listening to it...but for some reason during this season - my musical taste seems to be broadened. It's the only time that I listen to both traditional  and modern tunes, secular and non-secular music and I consider them all of it feel good!

Maybe it's the sense of renewal and hope. For peaceful solutions or the kid like magic I try to keep alive in myself. It's interesting how I find myself being teary eyed by listening to certain songs that I have grown up with and grown up to love. And each year I am finding new renditions of the holiday songs I love. 'Tis the Season for feel good music.

Here are a few of my favorite tunes and the versions that I love. Hopefully they get you in the mood for the season.

Baby It's Cold Outside by Idina Menzel and Michael Buble


O Holy Night by Tevin Campbell


My Favorite Things by Barbra Streisand


Angels We Have Heard On High by Home Free


Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid (The Original Version)


Joy to the World by Whitney Houston and Georgia Mass Choir


Auld Lang Syne by Mairi Campbell and Dave Francis


When You Wish Upon a Star by Mary J. Blige with Barbra Streisand and Chris Botti


Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Sam Smith

And Finally Christmas would not be Christmas without...
The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole!

Enjoy the Holidays!

Let's Celebrate!
-Percy

No comments:

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails