Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Love is Love, Period. The Best Love Songs Ever Written.

In celebration of the 18,000 same-sex couples who legally got married in California between 6/16/08 at 5:01pm and 11/5/08 12:00pm, and to the thousands of other couples who love but are denied the right to marry...I have compiled a list of the best love songs ever written. This list was made by asking my monthly question to my friends on Facebook and Twitter.

Happy Anniversary to the same-sex couples, like myself, who legally got married on this date last year (06/17/08), the first day GLBT couples could legally get married in California. Here's to hoping that marriage equality will be restored in the future to California...and throughout this nation.

Now, the 100 best love songs ever written (according to me and my friends and in no particular order):

  1. One in a Million You - Larry Graham
  2. I Could Fall in Love - Selena
  3. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
  4. You're My First, My Last, My Everything - Barry White
  5. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
  6. Always and Forever - Heatwave
  7. You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
  8. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
  9. Hero - Enrique Inglesias
  10. At Last - Etta James
  11. Something - The Beatles
  12. Have You Ever - Brandy
  13. Baby, Baby - Amy Grant
  14. Someone To Watch Over Me - Michael Feinstein
  15. How Do I Live - LeAnn Rimes
  16. Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
  17. All I Want is You - U2
  18. By Your Side - Sade
  19. Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul McCartney
  20. Everything - Michael Buble
  21. When You Say You Love Me - Josh Groban
  22. All My Life - K.C. and JoJo
  23. When I Fall in Love - Nat King Cole
  24. Your Song - Elton John
  25. My Love - Justin Timberlake
  26. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
  27. I'll Be - Edwin McCain
  28. Amazed - Lone Star
  29. Leather and Lace - Stevie Nicks
  30. Body and Soul - Tony Bennett
  31. Ikaw (Translated from Tagalog, You) - Regine Velasquez
  32. Back at One - Brian McKnight
  33. What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
  34. Wonderful Together - Eric Clapton
  35. Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
  36. Open Arms - Journey
  37. Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
  38. I Melt With You - Modern English
  39. Crazy For You - Madonna
  40. Come What May - Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor
  41. Lovin' You - Minnie Ripperton
  42. Your Body is Wonderland - John Mayer
  43. Fields of Gold - Sting/Eva Casssidy
  44. Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
  45. Why - Annie Lennox
  46. Time and Tide - Basia
  47. Always - Atlantic Starr
  48. If - Bread
  49. Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
  50. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
  51. Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Gardens
  52. The Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston
  53. Faithfully - Journey
  54. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
  55. I Do (Cherish You) - 98 Degrees
  56. Endless Love - Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
  57. Everything I Do - Bryan Adams
  58. Sweet Love - Anita Baker
  59. Suddenly - Billy Ocean
  60. Inna Godda Divida - Iron Butterfly
  61. You've Got A Friend - Carole King/James Taylor
  62. Breathe - Faith Hill
  63. Wahine 'Ilikea - Dennis Kamakahi
  64. I Wanna Grown Old With You - Adam Sandler
  65. We've Only Just Begun - The Carpenters
  66. Power of Two - Indigo Girls
  67. More Than Words - Extreme
  68. Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra
  69. Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce
  70. Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
  71. When I Think of You - Janet Jackson
  72. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
  73. The Closer I Get To You - Roberta Flack and Donnie Hathaway
  74. Love Song - The Cure
  75. Wicked Games - Chris Isaak
  76. I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton John
  77. Beautiful - James Blunt
  78. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
  79. Save The Best For Last - Vanessa Williams
  80. I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston
  81. Now and Forever - Richard Marx
  82. Here and Now - Luther Vandross
  83. Always on my Mind - Elvis Presley/Willie Nelson
  84. (I've Had) The Time of My Life - Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
  85. You Are The Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
  86. Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
  87. On Bended Knee - Boyz II Men
  88. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
  89. No One - Alicia Keys
  90. Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
  91. In My Life - The Beatles
  92. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
  93. Hey There Delilah - The Plain White T's
  94. Angel of Mine - Monica
  95. Get Here - Oleta Adams
  96. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
  97. Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
  98. Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears
  99. Kissing A Fool - George Michael
  100. All Out of Love - Air Supply
Just like these songs about love, we all have our own love story, and no one's love is better than the other. Love is Love and we should all be lucky to experience it (and marry as two consenting adults if we so chose)...it's definitely the greatest thing of all.

If I've forgotten your favorite love song, please add them in the comments.

-Percy

Photo of John Lewis and Stuart Gaffney by Bella Pictures taken on 06/17/08, San Francisco, California

Photo of Ross and Percy by Cesar Juarez taken on 06/17/08, Santa Barbara, California

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!

jetiz said...

awesome collection man. thanks for everything
i was madly searching for these songs got them here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_f4BIVQYg

hope this will help your visitors

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails