Saturday, April 26, 2008

Quinceañera at Disneyland

I was at Disneyland the last couple of days...thus the lack of blogs on my site. As I am always looking for "event" related material, even when I am on vacation, I just happened to stumble upon a huge Quinceañera celebration at "the happiest place on earth." Apparently, the Latina version of Oprah, Cristina, was holding a mass Quinceañera celebration for a few lucky girls. Here's a site link, but it's all in Spanish, http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/es_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=QuinceaneraSpecialEventPage

They had Sleeping Beauty's Castle all decked out for the event on Thursday, April 24, 2008. The shin dig including a huge red carpet ceremony (actually it was lavender), for the introduction of these 15-year old girls into "society." Latin media was everywhere covering the event and interviewing the ladies. I never got to see the event, but realized as I anticipated the nightly Disneyland fireworks extravaganza from my hotel balcony, that the Quinceañera event took its place, a little disappointed, but I think the experience for the 15 lucky girls is definitely something they will always remember. It is "The Year of a Million Dreams" at Disneyland, so I guess these girls dreams were fulfilled.

Sponsors of the event included dresses from David's Bridal, transportation from Southwest Airlines, computers from Hewlett Packard, cameras from Kodak and a stay at the Disneyland Resort.

-Percy

Photo from Disneyland.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like My Super Sweet 16 Live. Cool that you got to see parts of it.

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails