Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Inspiration: Spain

In planning my 40th Birthday getaway in March...I was inspired by the romance and the old world feel of Spain. When people think of Spain, they often picture the iconic flamenco dresses or the intrigue of Gaudi's influence in Barcelona. Additionally, there are some who confuse Spain with Mexico, but we all know there is a difference.

So I thought how fun would it be to do an inspiration board on Spain. Here are my inspirations for an old world, with a modern feel, Spanish themed wedding.

I'm inspired by lace and embroidery, wrought iron and flamenco combs, simple flowers embellished with religious ornamentation, and small churches with ornate details.

Details of my inspiration:

Wedding Gown: Monique Lhuillier
Church: El Presidio Church, Santa Barbara, California
Rhinestone Comb: Model Bride
Bridesmaids Dress: Nanette Lepore
Invitation: Lehr & Back
Cake: Nico Designs Santa Barbara
Wrought Iron Candlesticks: Saladotex
Flowers: Photo taken by Serena Grace Photo

I hope this inspires your inner Spaniard and the spirit of Ole!

-Percy

Photos from above mentioned sites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am planning a Spanish themed wedding and I like your inspiration blog on this theme. It really helps me out a lot. Especially love the flamenco comb.

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails