Monday, January 26, 2009

Inspiration Mondays: Leather and Lace

This weekend I took it easy. With rain coming down in sunny California, it was a great time to cuddle up in a blanket, stare out of the windows, think, and listen to great music. As I sat here, the song Leather and Lace by Stevie Nicks came on and this is my inspiration for this Monday.

I am inspired by the delicacy of lace and suppleness of leather. I am inspired by Stevie Nick's voice, that raspy tone that so delights. I love the fact that leather and lace reminds me of that raw, hard, heavy metal vibe, think Aerosmith and Van Halen...you know just a little overdone. But mixing the right pieces can make outrageous look totally fabulous.

If I were planning a wedding on a theme of leather and lace...these are some aspects I would throw into the mix.

Leather Trimmed Tuxedo: Prada
Tiered and beaded wedding gown: Monique Lhuillier
Noah's Heart Cuff: DeAnna Cochran Jewelry
Leather Charger Plates: Sell Glass Plate
Crofton Red Trimmed Leather Shoes: Ryan Rowe
Black Studded Cocktail Dress: Sheri Bodell

I hope this inspires you to think of how you can mix leather and lace for your own wedding. It's a great combination and with the right aspects you can mix two opposing elements together to make it a real knockout.

-Percy

Photos from above mentioned desiners, photo of Kevin Connolly in Prada from OMG

No comments:

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails