Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wacky Wednesdays: I ♥ Hot Cakes Design


I first discovered Hot Cakes Design when a friend of mine wore one of Caramia Coppola's carved resin design necklaces with the image of Frida Kahlo on it. Caramia was commissioned to do a piece of her splendid jewelry for the SFMoMA's (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art) Kahlo exhibit last summer. I am really upset I missed the exhibit and even more upset that I was not able to buy one of those "Frida" necklaces for my sister-in-law for Christmas, she {hearts} Frida.

I called Caramia to see if I could order it directly from her and she said no, it was an exclusive piece for SFMoMA. Oh well. But she did have other designs in carved resin that was just as beautiful. Caramia's designs are definite statement piece of jewelry. They are bold. Though she does have more daintier designs for those looking to make a not so strong statement. Either way you go, your recipient will not be disappointed.

After looking into her art jewelry more, it was mentioned that she can customize her jewelry to fit a certain theme, wedding, event. I thought, wait a minute, did she just say "customize?" You mean I can choose anything to go into that clear acrylic center of your jewelry? SCORE!

Caramia's Hot Cakes Design make the perfect gifts for your bridesmaids, groomsmen, or any other special person in your life. You can customize the pics to suit the person you are gifting or choose from one of the stock images. How cool would it be to give cuff links to your best man with pics of his kids or even his beloved car? How about a ring or necklace with your maid-of-honors favorite pet? Talk about custom gifts. It is suggested for customized pieces to order 6-8 weeks ahead.

If you can't wait...check out her stock graphics at Hot Cakes Design. I am sure you will think they are spectacular too. Her stock carved resin necklaces retail for a mere $98 with $5 shipping or you can pick up a few of her pieces at her store Favor, located at 2420 Polk Street (at Union Street) in San Francisco. Trust me a close up look of these pieces will get you gals drooling. They are absolutely out of this world.

-Percy

Photos from Hot Cakes Design

No comments:

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails