Thursday, September 25, 2008

Music to Our Ears

I often am asked what songs should be played for certain elements of a wedding reception, so I have compiled my Top 5 Songs for the below categories. Hope this helps in choosing just the right song for you. Even though I am suggesting these songs, there is nothing better than choosing your own play list that reflects you as a couple. Additionally, by choosing meaningful songs, it really helps to play up the uniqueness of your special day.

Bride and Groom Grand Entrance:
  1. Now That We Found Love - Heavy D and the Boyz
  2. Crazy In Love - Beyonce
  3. The Look of Love - ABC
  4. Everlasting Love - Gloria Estefan
  5. Love and Pride - King

First Dance Songs:

  1. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
  2. One In A Million You - Larry Graham
  3. The Time of My Life - David Cook
  4. Kiss of Life - Sade
  5. One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey

Father/Daughter Dance:

  1. I Loved Her First - Heartland
  2. Dance With My Father - Celine Dion
  3. Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
  4. Through the Years - Kenny Rogers
  5. My Wish - Rascal Flatts

Mother/Son Dance:

  1. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - Rod Stewart
  2. Mama - Il Divo
  3. I Wish You Love - Dionne Warwick
  4. Baby Mine - Bette Midler
  5. A Place In My Heart - Sounds of Blackness

Cake Cutting:

  1. Sugar Sugar - The Archies
  2. Kiss Me - Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy
  3. How Sweet It Is - James Taylor
  4. Beautiful Day - U2
  5. Love You Madly - Cake

Bouquet Toss:

  1. Gonna Catch You - Lonnie Gordon
  2. Labels or Love - Fergie
  3. Point of No Return - Expose
  4. Lemme Get That - Rihanna
  5. It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls

Garter Removal and Toss:

  1. Girls Girls Girls - Motley Crue
  2. Foxy Foxy - Rob Zombie
  3. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
  4. Give It Up To Me - Sean Paul
  5. Go - Tones on Tails

This list was fun to compile, I could have listed my Top 10 in each category, but the list would have been to long. So for you brides and grooms out there I hope this list will inspire your own soundtrack. Have a great time!

-Percy

Photo by Gloria Plunkett

No comments:

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails