The tips were taken from a press release that I received from the folks at Get Married, which by the way is name of Colin's new show on Lifetime Television. Get Married with Colin Cowie can be seen every weekday at 7:30am ET/PT. However, if you can't wake up that early, or don't have a DVR...don't fret, you can still catch the show online on the Get Married Website, which is a great resource and inspiration for all your wedding needs!
Here's the 7 tips from Colin Cowie:
- Dream big: Small ideas get small results, so put budget aside while envisioning your dream wedding, then figure out what you can afford.
- Cut your coat according to the cloth: It's better to do 5 things correctly than 10 things on the skinny.
- Consider a destination wedding: Weddings can take place anywhere, so think beyond the exotic beach and think about a bed-and-breakfast or country inn.
- Opt for a fantastic DJ: Instead of a big orchestra band, find a great DJ who can create great background music and just as easily keep the guests moving on the dance floor.
- Invest in a trusted wedding planner: A professional is there to ease some of the pressure while bringing your vision to a reality.
- Design a signature drink: Rather than serving an open bar, offer guests a specialty beverage that is as delicious as it is memorable.
- Create monochromatic flower arrangements using one type of flower: When bundled en masse in short ceramic vases, whether roses or carnations, tulips or spider mums; these flowers are beautiful and impactful.
I especially love #5! In most cases brides and grooms think that this expense is the one thing worth cutting, when in reality it is one of the more important pieces to keep. Wedding planners, especially good ones like me (wink wink) have the ability to keep you focused on what's important, save you money, and ease the pressure of the day. A wedding planner is the best investment that you can make for your wedding day.
I hope this helps you budget savvy brides focus on what's most important for your wedding day. Remember for more daily tips in planning your wedding, make sure to watch Get Married with Colin Cowie every weekday at 7:30am ET/PT.
Photo from ColinCowie.com