Monday, April 6, 2009

Inspiration Mondays: Claude Monet's Water Lilies

I was recently looking through one of my favorite art books and stumbled upon one of my favorite artist, Claude Monet. I love Monet's work. The iconic images of water lilies in his Giverny, France home are one of my favorite series. The colors of these paintings are all so beautiful. The hues of greens, blues, purples, pinks, and browns work so harmoniously together.

These images have inspired so many before me, including Mattel, who released a Water Lily Barbie back in 1997. Today, I am inspired by this impressionist master and how I see his art being pulled in to a grand wedding.

A wedding inspired by Claude Monet (clockwise from top left):

Wedding Gown: White Chocolate
China: J. Seignolles
Bouquet: Hidden Garden Flowers
Bridesmaid Gown: Vera Wang
Lounge: Town and Country Event Rentals
Food: Serve French Cuisine to your guests
Tablescape: Nisie's Enchanted Florist
Shoes: Fifi Maisie Wedding Shoes from The Shop @ Percy Sales Events
Floral Hair Clip: Soiree Silk Floral Hair Clip from The Shop @ Percy Sales Events
Flower Girl Gown: Frances Johnston
Cake: Colette's Cakes
Venue: San Diego Botanical Building at Balboa Park

Hope this inspires you to create your own work of art!

-Percy

Photos from above mentioned sites except for White Chocolate Wedding Gown found at Brides.com

No comments:

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails