Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trend Thursday: Unplugging

Today is Thursday and it's usually the day that I share with you some fantastic trends happening in the wedding, event, or fashion industry, but instead I am going to tell you a new trend..."Unplugging."

Unplugging, as defined by me, is to literally take yourself off any social media outlets for a few days. This is exactly what I will be doing for three days while I get some much needed vacation with my family. I wonder if I will be able to do it!

At any rate, starting at noon on 4/23/09 PT, I will be going device/computer free. I will not be blogging, Tweeting, Facebookin', emailing, or anything else (though I will be taking cell calls...I put my sim card in my old school flip phone...no blackberry) until Monday 4/27/09, just in time for another week of blogging and inspiring. If I would have planned it out better, I would have written several blogs early and had them scheduled to be posted on the appropriate dates, but I tend to write my blogs on the fly.

Reminders about this weekend. If you live in the SoCal area and a bride, bride-to-be, or future bride, please join me and other top wedding vendors at That's Amore, a bridal soiree at Cafe Firenze, restaurant of Top Chef contestant Fabio Viviani, this Sunday, April 26, 2009 from 10am - 2pm. For more information, please visit my previous blog about That's Amore.

Please take time to enjoy nature, and the outdoors, reconnect with your loved ones and live unplugged for a day or two.

-Percy

Graphic by Edmond Leung

2 comments:

BrideTide.com said...

Very good advice Percy. May need to do this myself soon.

Mindy said...

Everyone needs to unplug from time to time. Enjoy yourself and your family!

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails