At any rate, here's my Top 5 Hot Destination List for 2009:
- Sitges, Spain: Sitges is a wonderful seaside town southwest of Barcelona in the Catalonia region of Spain. This wonderful town is known for its beaches, nightspots, and historical sites. It has become a miniature Ibiza. Sitges touts 17 beaches, four-star hotels, delectable gastronomy, culture, and something for everyone. Easy access by plane or train from several European destinations. A nice car drive from Barcelona.
- Mendocino, California: Mendocino is small town in Northern California. Located on the Pacific Ocean, this artist colony is a hidden gem that has become more and more popular in the last several years. The town remains quaint and offers amenities to house your wedding guests in great bed and breakfasts as well as boutique hotels. Additionally, it's a perfect location for a honeymoon, where you just want to leave everything behind. Mendocino is a 4-hour drive north from San Francisco.
- Boracay, Philippines: A resort town on the island of Panay in the Philippines, which is located about 200 miles south of Manila. It's an untapped beach resort that has been gaining notoriety and followers. A hidden gem that is a favorite beach getaway for Eastern Europeans as well as those from Asia. Boracay boasts an average temperature of 77 degrees to 90 degrees year round. You will fall in love with its white sand beaches, resort accommodations, and the Filipino hospitality. Direct flights from Manila.
- Victoria, Canada: The capital city of British Columbia is found on the southern tip of Vancouver Island and lives in the shadow of its more landlocked famous city, Vancouver. Nevertheless, this romantic waterfront city is the gem of British Columbia. The Mediterranean climate of Victoria makes it the perfect North American location for a honeymoon or destination wedding. Additionally, Victoria and Vancouver Island offers so much, from hiking trails, to 5-star restaurants and resorts, and history invite visitors to discover it. The picture perfect Inner Harbor and Empress Hotel would be the perfect background to any wedding. Boat access from Vancouver.
- New York City, New York: Who can deny the "city that never sleeps" as one of the all time best hot spots in the world. I♥NY! NYC has so much to offer not only for destination weddings, but for honeymooners as well. The city has so much to do, so much to see, and it appeals to all age groups. From the serenity of Central Park to the hustle and bustle of Times Square, the city has something to offer everyone. The big plus, it's easy to access from anywhere in the world.
Photos from Wikipedia