Destination weddings are becoming more and more common. Couples are looking for settings that are more intimate and inviting only a handful of their closest family and friends. They are creating mini vacations for their invitees. What a way to remember a couples wedding day.
Here is my Top Five Hot Destination list for 2008. Maybe it will inspire your own honeymoon or destination wedding.
Percy's Top Five for 2008
- Quebec City, Canada: Wonderful Old World Charm located in North America. Easy access from anywhere in the United States. Very French and Romantic and the Hotel Frontenac offers an amazing background to this walled city.
- Santa Barbara, California: Often referred to as the American Riviera, this Spanish inspired town located just north of Los Angeles, offers perfect weather year round with picturesque views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Sorrento, Italy: This lovely town located on the Amalfi Coast is perfect for any destination wedding. Set amongst blooming citrus with that quaint small town feel, you will feel at home even though you are worlds away. Easy Access from Roma (Rome) or Napoli (Naples).
- Prague, Czech Republic: Prague is what Paris was 40 years ago, though it's quickly becoming the go to place for tourists. It's romantic and dramatic and offers the old world charm without the hustle and bustle of its larger European counterparts. Still it offers many amenities that are still affordable and the backdrop of the city is just breathtaking.
- Maui, Hawaii: How can you go wrong with Maui? There are so many things to do and the landscape is just wonderful. The town of Hana offers a laid back - tourist free setting, while Kanapali and Kihei offers more of a vibe. Nevertheless, the island itself offers so much for you and your guests that you can't go wrong in choosing this location.
Hopefully this will help you make decisions on your honeymoon or destination wedding. No matter what location you choose, just remember that no matter where you are, the most important thing is that you are there together.
Photo from InStyle Weddings