Thursday, July 31, 2008

Inspiration: Peacocks

It seems that Carrie Bradshaw's blue feather in the Sex and the City Movie has inspired many, including myself, to find peacock inspired items for weddings and events.

So here is my inspiration board for this hot trend. I'm inspired by the jewel toned colors, which includes deep teal, emerald, and eggplant with hints of amber or gold. My inspiration gown is reminiscent of the peacock tail with its layered tiered train. The shape of the peacock feather inspires the peaks in the ceremony location as well as the groom's boutonniere.

Details of my inspiration:
Eggplant Dress: Romona Kavesa
Peacock Dress: Diane Von Furstenberg
Leave it to Love™ Boutonniere: DeAnna Cochran Jewelry
Wedding Gown: RS Couture for Kleinfeld
Invitation: Hello!Lucky
Amber Drop Necklace: Signature Gems

Hope this sparks your creative juices and may this bird's feather inspire your own event.

-Percy

Photos from above mentioned sites

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice inspiration board Percy.

Anonymous said...

I think you are on to something.. I have noticed a lot of people recently choosing to wear amber with their wedding ensembles.

Other Articles You May Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails